Title: Legal Secretary
Company Name: Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung (HBT)
Job Location: Jakarta Pusat
Career Level: Staff (non-management & non-supervisor)
Years Of Experience: 3 years
Qualification: Prof Cert, Diploma, Adv Diploma
Employment Status: Full-Time
- Working culture
- Learning opportunity
- Team work
Hiswara Bunjamin & Tandjung is a leading Indonesian commercial law firm. We provide high quality, innovative Indonesian legal services, based on informed and commercially relevant local knowledge. Please visit https://www.hbtlaw.com/ for further information about us.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented Legal Secretary to join our Legal Secretary team.
- Candidate must possess at least a diploma degree in secretarial or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience as a secretary, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
- Excellent competency in handling general secretarial duties, such as composes and types routine correspondence, prepares presentation, charts and graphs, filling and setting meeting/travel arrangements.
- In a very good health, honest, disciplined, well-organized, detailed oriented, diligent, independent, highly self-motivated person.
- Has strong initiative and team work, able to perform multi-tasking skills and maintain confidentiality.
As part of the legal support team, consistently provide administrative support to partners and lawyers to meet client requirements and deliver an exceptional client experience.
- Provide timely and accurate support to lawyers with administrative support needs.
- Deliver high quality, accurate work whilst managing deadlines, responding to change and the competing priorities of all work.
- Produce accurate and high quality firm documents and correspondence. Meet required deadlines and negotiate alternate timeframes when necessary. Utilise other services as appropriate (eg, Printroom, Document Production).
- Scan, print or photocopy relevant documents as and when required by the relevant practice group support colleague or lawyer.
- Liaise with business services and other services to coordinate urgent mail and courier requests.
- Provide assistance to internal and external practice group events and functions.
- Provide ad hoc support to the group or division such as dealing with incoming mail, answering the telephone, amending documents. Take all steps necessary to ensure that team members are aware of your own movements.
- Assist lawyers with cash advance, petty cash requests, or currency requests and expense claims in a timely manner.
- Assist with updating client information and relevant databases, following instructions in a timely manner.
- Prepare files for archiving and manage return and retrieval of files following firm guidelines and liaison with Library team.
- Treat the key relationships as ‘internal clients’ and demonstrate diligence, professionalism and a commitment to providing them with an exceptional experience including being a key point of contact for the team.
- Adhere to firm, office and practice group policies and procedures, including those that are formal, informal, documented or verbal.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure awareness of correct procedures. Maintaining inquisitive, collaborative and vigilant work habits, keeping abreast of changes and developing more efficient work processes.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and proactivity in the workplace, including participating in and contributing to team meetings and activities, firm initiatives, learning and development sessions and other relevant activities.
- Take responsibility for own learning and development, undertake recommended training, keep up to date and comply with firm policies, adopt new or improved firm and practice group recommended work practices, and share information with others about better ways of working.
- Provide administrative support to visitors from other association offices.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Work produced is consistently completed as requested, within agreed timeframes and is of a high standard.
- A reputation within the group for being an effective, helpful, flexible and supportive team member.
- Colleagues (including all lawyers, practice group support staff and business services staff) are confident that they can approach you and will receive a level of assistance that is appropriate in the circumstances.
- A reputation for being an effective communicator and for working with team members to achieve positive outcomes.
- Comply with the firm’s and practice group’s policies, guidelines and recommended ways of working.
- Ensure work is in an appropriate state of order so that it is discoverable and up to date in the event of absence.
- Positive feedback is provided regarding the level of administrative support you provide and those you work with agree that the quality of support you provide meets expectations.
- Active participation in the firm’s annual performance review process, use knowledge of the Business Support Competency Framework to set professional goals.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for any absences from the office (including planned and unexpected absences). This includes leaving work in an appropriate state of order, leaving discoverable and up to date handover information, providing handover and full communication of the absence that is appropriate to the circumstances and in accordance with the process in place for the group.
- Creates a positive professional impression when interacting with others
- Inspires confidence by consistently delivering quality work
- Willingly takes on new or unfamiliar tasks to support business outcomes
Connects and Collaborates with People
- Promotes and participates in team and group activities
- Treats people with respect and in a fair and consistent way
- Adopts a positive communication style, even when challenged by others
Contributes to the Success of Others
- Maintains an awareness of the firm’s purpose, objectives and structure
- Builds understanding of how their roles benefits the team and the firm
- Gets to know the work performed by their group and what each person is working on
Enhances the Client Experience
- Finds ways to enhance the experience of the firm’s clients through their daily tasks.
- Shows a willingness to go the extra mile to deliver great service.
- Pays attention to the quality and accuracy of their work
- Seeks guidance when unsure about what to do and involves others when required
- Seeks and acts on feedback about how their individual tasks could be improved