Title: MEAL Senior Specialist
Company Name: Habitat for Humanity Indonesia
Job Location: Jakarta Raya
Career Level: Supervisor/Coordinator
Years Of Experience: 5 years
Qualification: Bachelor's Degree, Post Grad, Master's Degree/Post Graduate Degree
Employment Status: Contract
The MEAL Senior Specialist leads the development and implementation of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) strategy for the national office. The holder of the position will play a major role in providing technical support to country strategy development including tracking of delivery using appropriate MEAL tools and processes, ensuring that information collected is reflected upon, used to improve ongoing programs, and is incorporated into consistently high-quality MEAL reports and products. This position also leads building capacity for MEAL among project/program staff.
The MEAL Senior Specialist also play an important role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization and with the international and regional MEAL Community of Practice
- Develop and Maintain Habitat for Humanity Indonesia capacity in MEAL
- Lead in the development and implementation of MEAL Strategy for the National office and ensure that these are in accordance with HFHI MEAL Guidance and policies as well as appropriate industry good/best practices.
- Lead in the development of evaluation and learning agenda includes design and management/execution of program research, design and evaluation activities (including baseline, mid-term end line studies, SROI).
- Working with partners/consultants in the delivery of quality evaluation reports and products.
- Program Design and Development
- Play a critical role in the development of country strategy, programs, and projects by providing guidance on processes, tools, and information required. This includes providing guidance on result-based design, monitoring, and evaluation practice.
- Ensure that systems and processes developed enable key stakeholders/communities to meaningfully participate in the design, implementation, evaluation, and learning stages. This will include setting up Community-based feedback mechanisms that are accessible to the stakeholders for them to be able to provide feedback accordingly.
- Develop products for various internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate program performance and inform program improvement and learning.
- Knowledge management
- Set up MEAL systems to ensure efficient management of information that is responsive to the needs and requirements of Habitat Indonesia, donors, communities, and other relevant stakeholders. This will include alignment to existing Habitat International management information systems and processes.
- Participate and /or internal and external MEAL groups/networks to keep abreast with the developments in MEAL practice.
- Facilitates communication and information sharing together with Asia Pacific (AP) Office, Branch Offices, Partners on MEAL.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in statistics, demographics, development preferred.
- Minimum 5 (five) years of experience working in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Have experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Fluent in English; excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation and cross-cultural communication.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and proficiency in online research.
- Experience in Social Return On Investment (SROI) preferred
- Previous Humanitarian Response experience preferred
- Experience in knowledge management.
- Work location: Jakarta Based
“Only Shortlisted Candidates will be Contacted"