You visited the right place to make PDF copyable because maybe your PDF has some restrictions or may not allow any other reasons to do it so whatever it would be you can sort it out by connecting till last with this page because we have some curated best methods for you so let’s begin.
First, check If you can select your PDF but are still not able to copy means either protected from copying content or created by scanning.
Types of PDF
SECURED PDF:- this type of PDF is password protected so it’s a restriction that is implied by the creator to prevent from copying content or being printed So if you want to copy the content first remove the password restriction.
Scanned PDF:- this PDF is made with an image from a scanner so that you can’t copy text from it. But if you want to make the scanned PDF copyable you can use an OCR Tool to detect text by scanning the document.
Make Scanned PDF Copyable
- There are some ways to extract text from a scanned PDF The first way is to use OCR (optical character recognition) software such as PDFelement or Acrobat.
- Another option is to use an online OCR service such as Smallpdf or Online OCR but can also easily convert scanned images into editable text.
- However, it is crucial to note that sometimes the quality of the OCR may not be perfect due to issues such as image quality, formatting, or language recognition errors.
- If your PDF is not secured or restricted with any type of security so now you can easily extract text from a scanned PDF in Adobe Acrobat.
- You just need to open your scanned PDF in Acrobat and so click “Edit PDF” on the right side of the pane.
- Adobe will automatically detect that this is a scanned PDF file and apply OCR to the PDF function by itself. So it converts into an editable file.
- So now you can copy whatever you want to and paste your content from a PDF file. Or you have the option to export the PDF file to editable Word or text.
Steps to follow copy text from pdf
- Right-click on the document, and choose Select Tool which appears from the pop-up menu.
- select the text, or click to select an image.
- Click right-click on the selected data, and choose Copy.
- So first Find Edit > Copy File to the Clipboard.
- Copy some areas of a PDF (Acrobat Reader application only, not browser)
- The Snapshot tool copies some areas as an image to use in other applications.
Copy some areas of a PDF (Acrobat Reader application only, not browser)
1. Select Edit > More > Take A Snapshot.
2. Now just drag the area in a rectangle around where you want to copy, and then release the mouse button.
3. Drag into the rectangle position area you want to copy, then release the mouse button.
4.Last press ESC to exit snapshot mode.
5.If start with another application, choose Edit > Paste to paste the copied image.
Read Also:- Migrate Email from Gmail to GoDaddy
MAKE PDF COPYABLE with MANUAL METHOD
Adobe has created PDFs so it’s normal to come first in mind for the manual method adobe has one application and software because it helps to create and manage PDFs (portable document files).
Here are some steps you need to follow to make text in pdf copyable:-
How to Turn Off Editing Restrictions
- Select the File tab.
- Select Properties in the drop-down menu.
- Then click on the Security tab in the Properties dialog box.
- Click on No Security in the Security Method drop-down dialog.
- Fill your password in the Password dialog box and then just select the OK button.
- Afterwards click an OK button in the alert box.
- Now click the OK button to close the Properties dialog box.
Copy Text from PDF with Automated Method
SysTools PDF UNLOCKER is quite a useful and budget-friendly tool because it can help you convert your unable-to-fill form file into an editable file so you can fill the form once it’s unlocked your documents without hassle but after that, it’s free for the lifetime you can use it or give it to your next generation and they will use it again so help them to have their riddle solved with locked PDF.
- Changing the Document
- Content Copying, for Accessibility
- Document Assembly
- Page Extraction
- Filling Form Fields
Step1. Run the application, then click on Add Files or Add Folder button.
Step 2. So now choose any one option from Save or Print as per your requirements.
Step 3. Then select the destination path where files take place and click on the “Unlock” button.
Step 4. Successfully make pdf copyable issue accurately.
Read Also:- Exchange vs Office 365 Pros and Cons
Oh it’s great to see you have made it because we have provided you with every possible method for it. In this article, you easily know how to make PDF copyable. We guided every method a with defined steps. Most of the time when we try to work on projects or research we find PDF secured with passwords. But with the help of this article, you can easily make text in PDF copyable.