The errors that stop users from starting the company file are the ones that bother them the most. This is because users can’t manage business data without access to the company file, which stops all accounting processes. This is what happens when you get error 6177 0 in QuickBooks Desktop. Once you get QuickBooks error code 6147 0, you won’t be able to open the company file, and doing so will bring up an error message that says, ‘We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your company file.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin. If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report the error codes: (-6147, 0).’ Next, in this blog post, we’ll look at what exactly causes the error and what can be done to fix it as quickly as possible.
Fixing errors that show up when you try to open a company file can put your business data at risk, so you should dial TFN +1-(855)-955-1942 and talk to the support experts for safe troubleshooting
This is Why the Company File Won’t Open, and You Get QuickBooks Error 6147
Following are some of the most common reasons you might be getting QuickBooks company file error 6147.
- You might not be able to open the company file if the network data file (.ND) or the transaction log file (.TLG) is damaged.
- If you don’t have the most recent versions of QuickBooks Desktop, you might also face trouble opening the company file.
Now that we’ve talked about what causes QuickBooks 2023 Error Code 6147, 0, we’ll move on to the next section, where we will discuss how to fix the error quickly.
There are Two Quick Ways to Fix the QuickBooks Company File Error 6147
Solution 1: Fix the Damaged QuickBooks Installation Files by Renaming them
Renaming any QuickBooks file forces QuickBooks to create a new one and replace the old one with the damaged one. Proceed with this solution using the instructions below.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and press Windows + E to open the Windows File Explorer.
- Move to the C drive and find the location where QuickBooks is installed.
- Look for the .ND and .TLG files with the same name as the company file in the folder where the company file is saved.
- Once you’ve found both files, change their names and add .OLD to the end of each one.
- After you’ve changed the names of the files, open QuickBooks and open the company file to see if fixing the installation files fixes the error.
If not, move on to the next troubleshooting solution and update QuickBooks to fix the error.
You may want to read Why QuickBooks is unable to send your emails? Know here
Solution 2: Fix QuickBooks Error 6147 by Installing the Latest Updates for your QuickBooks Desktop Program
Installing the updates ensures that there are no internal bugs in the application that can trigger error 6147, so proceed with the instructions below.
- If QuickBooks is not already open on your computer, launch it and go to the Help tab.
- The Help tab is in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Now, choose the option that says ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop.’ This will bring up the window that says ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- In this window, go to the Update Now tab and click the Get Updates button when you see it.
- Doing this will prompt QuickBooks to download the latest program updates, which it will install when you restart it.
- Click the Install Now button, and QuickBooks will install all the latest updates and fix any bugs and errors.
If you still can’t fix QuickBooks error code 6147 0 after trying all of the above troubleshooting solutions, dial +1-(855)-955-1942 and talk to our support team for quick help rectifying the error for you.